Amplify for Eventbrite
Effective Date: May 1, 2018
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
1.1. General. When you opt-in to receive text marketing and sales messages from an Eventbrite organizer, you are agreeing to receiving recurring messages from the Eventbrite organizers you subscribe to. We will collect some personally identifiable information from you, including your mobile phone number, payment information, full name and email address. When you interact with the Services, we also receive and store certain additional types of information which, in general, do not directly identify you. For example, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device including your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, device type, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. This Section of the Policy outlines the various ways that information is collected from the Services. Please fully review this Policy before you use the Services or submit information to us.
1.2. Information that You Provide.
a. Opting-In Registration. Certain Services require you to opt-in and register for an account (“Account”). When you register an Account and use the Service you must provide your current, complete, and accurate information. It is your responsibility to keep your information up to date. We are not responsible for any problems, interruptions in access, or liability that may arise if you do not give us complete and accurate information or if you fail to update your information so that it is current.
b. Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us information about your use of the Services, we may save the information in a profile specific to you.
1.3. Automatically Collected Information. We will collect some information about you and any product or device you use to access or use the Services automatically using a variety of technologies. In general, automatically collected information about use of the Services does not directly identify you and the information may include your diagnostic log information, IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. We also collect data related to your campaigns, sales through the Services, and data related to how your customers interact with the Services. We collect this information for the purposes described in this Policy, including to better understand our customer base and to improve the quality of our Services.
1.4. Information from Other Sources. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.We also collect information from Integrated Services that you connect to the Services.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
2.1. General. We may use your personally identifiable information (including tracking information) to manage your Account. We may also use it to operate, maintain, and improve the Services (including providing you a more personal experience); communicate with you; provide you information about products and services (including products and services of third parties); market; research purposes; resolve disputes; collect fees owed; detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; assist law enforcement; enforce this Policy and any the terms related to our Services; and any other purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
2.2 Email Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications related to your Account or the Services, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature. We may also send you text marketing messages, marketing emails, surveys, or newsletters to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. If you opt-out, you will continue to receive service-related emails.
2.3. Non-identifying Information. We may use non-identifying information for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business and the Services.
2.4. Retaining Your Information. In general, we will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed. If you cancel your Account or your Account is otherwise terminated, we may but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from third parties and we may continue to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
3.1. Generally. We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business, products, services, and the Services. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy. For information on use of information by agents and service providers see Section 4 (Third Party Providers).
3.2. Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law; if we believe that disclosure is needed to protect our rights; to government regulators; to law enforcement authorities; in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Services; and to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
3.3. Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or a part of the Services or our business or assets, we may disclose your personal information, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
3.4. Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Services. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
4. Third-Party Providers.
4.1. General. We use third parties to help us operate and improve the Services. We may provide these third parties information we collect and they may collect information from you and about your use of the Services. We may provide information we collect to third parties and it will, unless specifically noted otherwise in this Policy, be governed by this Policy and may only be used by those third parties to help us operate or improve our business or the Services and provide services to us. We do not control information collected by third parties and are not responsible for their use of that information. Please review their privacy policies for more information on their information collection, use, and sharing practices.
4.2. Payment and Financial Services Providers.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES. Keeping secure personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. For Canadian residents, we will provide some or all the Service from systems located within the United States or other countries outside of Canada. As such, information that we collect may be transferred, processed and stored outside of Canada. When you provide information to the Services, you do so at your own risk.
7. CHILDREN. The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy, and we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child's Account.
Any individual under the age of 18 may request that his or her information, including content posted to the Services by that individual, be removed from the Services by contacting us by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy, and we will take steps to remove the information. It is important to note that removal of content or termination of an account does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted through the Services.
8. CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request you may contact us by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy.
9. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If would like to cancel your Account or update your personally identifiable information associated with your Account, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com. If you do not want your information accessed or stored as described in this Policy, you should not access, use, or register an Account with the Services.
11. MODIFICATION OF THIS POLICY. We will occasionally update this Policy. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the "Effective Date” at the top of this Policy. We recommend that you check our Service from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies.
12. PRIVACY QUESTIONS. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.